question

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 asked ·

Discrepancy between getUserCases and getEBPCaseDetail

We're in the process of developing a solution that ties into our existing CRM system for handling eBay cases and using the case resolution API. I've noticed in a number of cases, the case status fields don't match up. For example, I have a case that getUserCases is returning the case status OTHER_PARTY_RESPONSE_DUE, getEBPCaseDetail returns MY_RESPONSE_DUE, and in some cases, it says a decision has been reached, but is still showing the case as opened. Is there something i'm missing here? Anyone that can shed some light on this?
getusercasesgetebpcasedetail
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 answered ·
OK, I figured this one out, and it appears that the documentation doesn't quite match up with the actual behavior of the API for getUserCases. The documentation states that the caseSummary.user object represents "The role (e.g. buyer, seller) of the user making the call", which I would take to expect that our user name would be there. In fact, it lists us as the "other party" in the getUserCases response. So, it appears that "user" represents the user who opened the case, and "otherParty" is the other involved user in the transaction.
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

steev-sura avatar image
0 Likes"
steev-sura answered ·
My answer!
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.