question

coopaupau avatar image
1 Like"
coopaupau asked ·

GetOrders - missing items?

Hi Is there a bug currently where the TransactionArray in GetOrders only has one Transaction returned sometimes for multiple item orders? I can see this has happened a few times since Wednesday the 25th across multiple eBay accounts. If the call is made again a few hours later then the full TransactionArray is present.
getorderstransactiontransactionarray
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Hi All The engineering team has actually fixed the major root cause of this issue last night, so hopefully you will not see the orders getting affecting with this severity. If anyone is still facing this issue for new orders starting today, please do let me know. Thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

easychris_2000 avatar image
0 Likes"
easychris_2000 answered ·
@vijayta.developersupport Thanks. Do you know if the other issue (LastModifiedTime not updated) had the same root cause and is fixed as well?
· 1 · Share

Hi @easymeef I don't know for sure, but it seems to be related. Can you please check and let me know if you are still facing any issues ? Thanks
0 Likes 0 · ·
gillisct1 avatar image
0 Likes"
gillisct1 answered ·
We were experiencing this issue as well. Multiple orders with the same OrderId coming back on the same GetOrders response. No hyphen in the OrderID for combined invoice children

coopaupau avatar image
0 Likes"
coopaupau answered ·
I did a temporary workaround yesterday which deals with the issue. The idea is to skip the "broken" order the first time it's received. Whether this is useful to anyone will depend on how you process orders. If the order.Total != order.Subtotal + order.ShippingServiceSelected.ShippingServiceCost then I'm skipping the order, waiting for the "real" Order to come in. With multi-Transaction orders which are bugged, they first appear as separate Order nodes (1 Order node for each item in the customer's order) with only one Transaction, but they have the same order id. But order.Total contains the correct full amount of the order (the total of all the Transactions), and the order.Subtotal contains the price just for the Transaction in the bugged Order. @easymeef @lottestyle I haven't seen this bug but that's only because my clients all happen to use "Immediate Payment Required" so they don't manually mark anything as paid. Maybe you could tell the client to "Archive" the order in eBay after they mark it as paid. This should cause the LastModifiedTime to update. They could immediately then move it back to the "Sold" page if they need to do that (causing another update).

lottestyle avatar image
0 Likes"
lottestyle answered ·
We're having the same issue with the GetOrders request easymeef described. We don't get any updates on orders, that were paid recently. We don't get any information about orders, that were previously a part of another combined order.

0 Likes"
We also have another issue with the GetOrders API and I'm not sure if it is connected. We use the GetOrders API to query for new orders and filter by LastModificationTime (ModTimeFrom/ModTimeTo). It seems that the LastModificationTime recently sometimes gets not updated when a seller marks an order as paid. Therefore we "loose" some orders (because their LastModificationTime is still e.g. the purchase date instead of the PaidTime). We also filed a bug report / issue on Friday about this problem. We got bug reports from our sellers about both issues since ~Wednesday. Therefore both issues may be connected. At least they started to occur at the same time.

0 Likes"
We'are having the same issue and opened a ticket on Friday (March 27th).

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Yes, Please do let me know if someone else is facing this issue too.

coopaupau avatar image
0 Likes"
coopaupau answered ·
To anyone else who is interested, this is confirmed as a bug. Link here: https://go.developer.ebay.com/getorders-api-combined-order-issue

coopaupau avatar image
0 Likes"
coopaupau answered ·
Hi Thanks for your reply. My dev login id is eggdisk99 Is there a way I can send you some order ids that have been affected?
· 1 · Share

Hi @coopaupau I have filed a support request on your behalf . The reference number is : 150330-000013 Please login to your developer account and go to MyAccount->My tickets to view and respond to the ticket. Thanks
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.