question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked

Bug Report: getMostWatchedItems

2 bugs to report here for getMostWatchedItems (gMWI) in the Merchandising API. I recently reported them via a eBay DTS ticket, but I haven't heard back yet, so I thought I'd post here for increased exposure, as well as corroboration from the community. 1) Minor bug with generating affiliate links, documented in this forum thread: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/10841/merchandising-affiliate-hover-url.html 2) Bigger bug: For international GlobalIDs (not EBAY-US) such as EBAY-GB for example, the call is always erroneously returning pricing and shipping in USD, rather than in the local pricing. This is irrespective of both the GlobalID specified, as well as the GlobalID of the site the item was originally listed on. Example: http://svcs.ebay.com/MerchandisingService?SERVICE-NAME=MerchandisingService&OPERATION-NAME=getMostWatchedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.5.0&CONSUMER-ID=___________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&maxResults=50&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&categoryId=1 I'm not sure when this started, but I just noticed it recently, and I've been using gMWI since around 2009, and this is recent and unusual behavior. 3) Also, the version returned by the call is 1.0.0 , even when specifying the current 1.5.0 version. Thanks, everyone.
buggetmostwatcheditemsgmwi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I had reported these bugs to eBay DTS. Recently, the worst of the them above, #2, has been fixed. (Yay!)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.