question

collezionando-cartoon avatar image
0 Likes"
collezionando-cartoon asked

Trading Api : AddItem => Invalid auction currency - Error 95

Does anyone know what's it wrong with the below AddItem call ? this is driving me nuts .. I have been trying to add my item to my store by using a very simple php script but getting this since days and can't figure it out why : [ShortMessage] => Invalid auction currency. [LongMessage] => The auction currency specified does not match the auction currency for the selected site. [ErrorCode] => 95 [SeverityCode] => Error [ErrorClassification] => RequestError and here is the xml request : ".PROD_AUTH_TOKEN." ReturnAll ".$item[0]['EbayCategoryID']." IT EUR Days_30 FixedPriceItem Rome PayPal email@mydomain 1 10 True my_desc my_description ReturnsAccepted Days_14 Buyer "; Many thanks for your support ! M.
additemstores-sellingphp-additemerror-95invalid auction currency
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bimmerpc1 avatar image
0 Likes"
bimmerpc1 answered
Might be a silly question, but....In your XML headers you are calling site ID 101/a site that accepts EUR as the currency, yes? Call GeteBayDetails for the site look at CurrencyDetails to confirm

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
collezionando-cartoon answered
Hi bimmerpc1, I have just called the GeteBayDetails for my store and it returns an array of currency . .nothing related to my store : [CurrencyDetails] => Array ( [0] => SimpleXMLElement Object ( [Currency] => USD [Description] => US Dollar [DetailVersion] => 1 [UpdateTime] => 2009-07-01T23:43:58.000Z ) [1] => SimpleXMLElement Object ( [Currency] => CAD [Description] => Canadian Dollar [DetailVersion] => 1 [UpdateTime] => 2009-07-01T23:43:58.000Z ) [2] => SimpleXMLElement Object ( [Currency] => GBP [Description] => British Pound [DetailVersion] => 1 [UpdateTime] => 2009-07-01T23:43:58.000Z ) --- cut here --- and here is my header - I am using my store therefore (if i am not wrong) the default site 0 should be ok : Array ( [0] => X-EBAY-API-SITEID:0 [1] => X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:AddItem [2] => X-EBAY-API-REQUEST-ENCODING:XML [3] => X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL:909 [4] => X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME: [5] => X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME: [6] => X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME: [7] => Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8 ) Thanks for helping :)

bimmerpc1 avatar image
0 Likes"
bimmerpc1 answered
I would add: X-EBAY-API-SITEID:101 to your header to specify eBay Italy. The trading API needs SITEID to function (and it usually has to match )... see http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Concepts/MakingACall.html

bimmerpc1 avatar image
0 Likes"
bimmerpc1 answered
*has to match the site tag

0 Likes"
I thought the SITEID would contain the value of the store (which 0 is my store) and implicitly adding the item into my store (which is in Italy by default) Anyway, it seems to be working now .. Thanks !

0 Likes"
just a quick question : do you think that the product will be added to my store even by using the Italian siteid ? I dont want run a risk of adding the item to the standard ebay.it instead of having it in my ebay store. i did a quick search in the documentation but didn't find anything related it .. whereas have found that I need to specifiy the storeid = 0 if i want it added to my store.. thanks again for supporting !

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, If you want the items to be also seen in one of your categories in your store, you will have to provide the store CategoryID in your AddItem request in the container: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/AddItem.html#Request.Item.Storefront To get all the Categories that you have in your store and their ID's, please make the GetStore API Call : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetStore.html Hope this helps. Cheers!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.