question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

merchandising Affiliate hover URL

according to http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/merchandising/docs/CallRef/getMostWatchedItems.html if im using the affiliate container i should get hover urls instead of just regular ones , the thing is that it doesnt work . i tried to get hover urls via the merchandising API with no luck no matter what i am doing , any easy way to solve it ? do you recommend to convert the URL with internal script ? thanks
affiliatemerchandising api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I'm not sure what you mean by "hover", but it sounds like you are talking about eBay/ePN affiliate URLs which should be returned from the call when you include affiliate parameters. It looks like a bug; but there's an easy workaround. When I omit **&affiliate.customId=** , then the affiliate URLs don't get generated, as you noticed. This seems to be a bug, as **customId** is optional. However, including it does cause the affiliate URLs to be returned as expected. Try retaining or omitting **&affiliate.customId=** with this test call and observe the difference in the returned URLs: http://svcs.ebay.com/MerchandisingService?SERVICE-NAME=MerchandisingService&OPERATION-NAME=getMostWatchedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.5.0&CONSUMER-ID=_______&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&maxResults=3&categoryId=1&affiliate.networkId=9&affiliate.trackingId=5335000000&affiliate.customId=test I'll report this bug to the eBay Dev team via a DTS ticket soon. Also, if you are willing to script your own affiliate URLs, as you suggest, that offers many advantages over the API-returned affiliate links - such as control over generation, tracking, logging, alerting, etc. So you may consider doing that anyway.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Yaa i ment "rover" url, Thanks it worked !

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.