question

everything0161 avatar image
0 Likes"
everything0161 asked ·

Error 931: Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.

My PHP web application suddenly stopped accepting API requests today. It seems to ahve a problem with token autorization. The thing is, this happens when I generate a brand new API token and use the API Test Tool in the developer site. I think there's something wrong with the server, anyone getting the same issue?
api token error 931
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Yes, I've also been seeing some Trading API #931 errors sporadically over the past 24+ hours. I don't think there's a recognizable pattern, but it appears in bursts. Also at the same time, I'm seeing some Finding API errors about Invalid Sellers (I use the seller filter in some fIA calls) when those sellers are usually valid. Not sure if those 2 issues are related, but they seem to often happen during similar bursts. [This thread][1] seems to be about the token issue as well, and located in the proper subforum. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/14475/authentication-failed-the-token-does-not-exist.html
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alibabal avatar image
0 Likes"
alibabal answered ·
Bonjour erreur 931 garagesale et ebay n'arrive pas à lire le token ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/841-capture-decran-2015-12-31-a-120123.png

·

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
No problem here. And that's typically how we use tokens - generate them with the API Test Tool and use them live with Production API calls. And by "them" I usually mean 1 or 2 tokens that last for a while, then we don't need to use the tool for a long time. Are you having problems with Production or Sandbox? Which API calls? What errors are you receiving? Details matter.
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.