question

pc-homepage avatar image
0 Likes"
pc-homepage asked ·

API Stopped Working

I've been using this simple API call for quite some time but it suddenly stopped working recently. How do I get it working again? I'm passing the categories to it dynamically but I've hard-coded it here for reference.
apisearchcategorykeyword
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pc-homepage avatar image
0 Likes"
pc-homepage answered ·
I got it from eBay but it's too bad that it's gone because it really was simply and to the point. I've been trying to use one of the newer ones but the documentation is almost impossible to follow. I can find no list whatsoever of the values to use to show the fields needed and just the image with the title is not what I need. I want to add the price, whether or not it has Buy it Now, the ending time and perhaps a few other things. This is what I have so far which is so incredibly cumbersome over the above, which even included the formatting in one single line:

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
That's not the eBay API. I think that's probably the old eBay Editor Kit code. eBay deprecated that a few years back and finally pulled the plug on it this year. I list some commercial replacements [here on my site][1]. [1]: http://www.helios825.org/#ek

pc-homepage avatar image
0 Likes"
pc-homepage answered ·
When I posted my question, it somehow suddenly logged me into my eBay ID instead of my developer's ID even though I had been logged in to the latter already when I posted. Anyway, the API has been online for a decade or so and when it was created, there were no names that I am aware of nor even an AppID. The code was simply: I am actually submitting the keywords and category Ids to it dynamically but I've hard-coded them here for reference.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Which API call? Please post the call request here (with your AppID masked) so we can have a look and troubleshoot.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.