question

partsaholic avatar image
0 Likes"
partsaholic asked ·

What happened to GetItFast in the Trading API?

It seems the Trading API has depreciated any sort of GetItFast support, as of release 903 the tag is ignored However, listing through the actual Motors site sell function allows the user to set a domestic Get It Fast option tied to offering overnight shipping (however, there is no more icon). My API listings have overnight shipping options. But unless I go in and revise them on the Motors site (and, literally, check the "get it fast" option, nothing else), the listing will not advertise the possibility of overnight shipping in the delivery options header.....The user has to click on the shipping tab to see the overnight shipping option. Is there some way to turn on GIF other than in the listing? Policies? Site options?
sellingtradingapishippingserviceoptionsgetitfast
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

partsaholic avatar image
0 Likes"
partsaholic answered ·
@achamiltonmusic I did not...ebay's official line is that it's no longer supported, but as of the last time I looked at this, you could still turn on the option in the website-based selling manager pro editor tool (and it worked there).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

achamiltonmusic avatar image
0 Likes"
achamiltonmusic answered ·
@casbiz did you ever find a way round this as i am needing to turn getitfast on and off and it seems it is not possible via API.

partsaholic avatar image
0 Likes"
partsaholic answered ·
Thanks, Yes, I know it has been deprecated in the API (please see the initial post) and I know about the 903 release note concerning it Again: If you list an item using US or Motors sites, you have the option to select "get it fast" when offering overnight shipping. There is no longer an icon, but the overnight shipping option is advertised in the listing header below the price (ie, "delivery by tomorrow with 1 day shipping") However, when listing with AddItem(), even if there is a domestic overnight shipping service offered (and same day/1 business day handling time), it is not advertised in the listing header. You have to edit the item through the eBay site and select "get it fast" for that to happen....(and in the process you will lose all of the listing's EPS assets, necessitating another revise, but that's another issue) So, is there any way to get the GIF functionality that still exists on Motors/US, either through a combination of API options or a global variable on the seller's account?

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, It has been Deprecated . Check the release Notes and check the 903 release. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/ReleaseNotes.html Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.