question

bp3ak avatar image
0 Likes"
bp3ak asked ·

Shopping API returns with warning: "Version specified is above current version."

Hi, I noticed that the Shopping API returns with a warning if I specify a version bigger than 897. You can see on the attached screenshot using the API tool. According to the Release Notes ( http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/shopping/docs/ReleaseNotes.html) the latest version is 907. Can anyone please explain why this is happening and what I am doing wrong. Thank you! ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/485-screen-shot-2015-02-28-at-211021.png
shopping-apigetsingleitemshopping apishoppingapiversionwarning
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drshock avatar image
0 Likes"
drshock answered ·
FindHalfProducts has this issue also, stuck at 913

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
I'm seeing occasional 1.30 version failure messages when calling the DE(77) and US(0) sites with version 889. The responses indicate current level at 897.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Same problem here.

thomvl avatar image
0 Likes"
thomvl answered ·
One month later this is still the case for me, Is there any plan to fix this?

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Confirmed here. (I'm doing test calls in my browser.) Calls are "stuck" at a certain version, as returned in the call response. Requests above that version generate a warning. For GetSingleItem, as noted above, I'm seeing 897 as the max. For FindPopularItems, I'm seeing 901 as the max. Weird.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
The Shopping version number is calendar based and increments +2 every two weeks. Back in January they fell out of sync. https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/9880/shopping-api-reverted-to-897.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.