question

sevenappug avatar image
0 Likes"
sevenappug asked ·

Getting token by userId and password

Hi, my name is Nando and i am from frankfurt germany. I am very new to ebay development. Here is my question: (how) is it possible to implement a (server-side) authentication to get a token for a user when the server got the user's ebay userID and password? My application asks the user for his ebay userID and password and the passes this data to the server. Now the server should be able to do actions for the user's ebay account so it should get a token, right? My application has no web interface so this should be done automatically by the server backend a soon as it got the user's login data. Any idea how to solve this? I have seen some apps which do exaclty this so it should be possible... Greetings from frankfurt germany, Nando
tokenuser tokenauthentication
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Hi @sevenappug Your application should not collect or store eBay usernames and passwords to comply with the following section in the API Licence agreement: Section 3.2.1.2 of the eBay API license - "You will not under any circumstances collect or store eBay User IDs and passwords" Instead you should implement Auth & Auth flow to generate tokens for the users : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1198 Thanks
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.