question

nsushko avatar image
0 Likes"
nsushko asked ·

How to get count results and remove limit 100?

Here is good tutorial how to find items in php http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/finding/HowTo/GettingStarted_PHP_NV_XML/GettingStarted_PHP_NV_XML.html If I remove pagination limit, the limit is 100 items per query. I need to know how many items all in all. Like if I type "gold" it will find 4 billions result, so how to remove pagination and JUST PRINT ANSWER how many results? Thank you.
finding-apiebay-apiPHP
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You won't be able to get around the maximum call response limit of 100 items times 100 pages. But if you're just looking for the total count of search results, that should appear in the XML at the bottom of the response in the paginationOutput.totalEntries node. Here's a sample call I used to test this, and I limited results to just 2 per page, since it doesn't seem to affect the total count, and it cuts down on payload response. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=______&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=gold&descriptionSearch=FALSE&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=2&paginationInput.pageNumber=1 As for the number of entries, I get varying results each time I refresh my browser, but I'm guessing that's because Best Match on such a general term like "gold" is hard to pin down to a static count.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.