question

devmai2 avatar image
0 Likes"
devmai2 asked

Issue : You have been directed to a new checkout session ..........................

Dear ebay developers, I have been trying to make purchase but on the 'Check out page' it says- "**You have been directed to a new checkout session which may not have saved your changes or preferences. Please review your shipping and payment details before you continue.**" all the time. I did some research on it but did not find any useful stuffs. Does anyone has any idea on this? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
checkout
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

g.uk.erra avatar image
0 Likes"
g.uk.erra answered
It's ANOTHER BUG of the really AWFUL sandbox. I just got another one few days ago that they were unable to fix and had to manually perform the operation (user approval). Now since yesterday I found this one you're describing: CHECKOUT DOES NOT WORK! It asks for Sandbox user/pass, super slow (I wonder if the sandbox is just an old Pentium connected on an ISDN line), and when the page finishes loading after user/pass, it goes back to checkout with the session error, and it keeps doing this forever. AGAIN is IMPOSSIBLE TO USE EBAY SANDBOX, because it's super slow, old code, not maintained, no one works on it, no one replies on support. Anyone from the 'fantastic' Paypal/eBay IT staff willing to stop their coffe break and amend this problem? Or do I need to wait that someone approves manually my order as paid because they're unable to fix their code?? This is ridiculous...

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

g.uk.erra avatar image
0 Likes"
g.uk.erra answered
Just as an information....after TWO days of several attempts from different browsers/OS, I actually did now a successful payment! Like with the previous bug...is the only solution to scream badly on a public forum (or Twitter or any other public place) to obtain some result? By the way sometimes you can go through login/pass and get from server a decent time to keep session, you pay on Paypal sandbox, it goes back to eBay and there asks again the login/pass...if you're not fast enough (or the server is not fast enough) you loose the session and the payment is not recorded...and you need to start it all again. Another note: linking the sandbox ebay account with the sandbox paypal account, even if you get asked, seems to not work.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi @devmai2 Can you please tell me on which site are you trying to checkout the items in sandbox ? I tried it on US, UK and it seems to be working fine. I did find an issue with Germany(DE) sandbox site, however it is not the one that you reported. Please let me know the sandbox site where you are facing the issue, and if you could give me any item, I could probably try to checkout your items. Please let me know. Thanks

devmai2 avatar image
0 Likes"
devmai2 answered
Hi **vijayata** I am using : https://checkout.sandbox.ebay.com Shipping location: Buckinghampshire, UK Paying method: Paypal account Thanks Hi **g.uk.erra,** Any luck ?? I am still having the same issue with sandbox. Thanks

Yes I was successful once, then again same problem. The problem is that the Sandbox is so f*****g slow that basically sessions continuously expires, because for some obscure reason (lack of resources is my guess) the Sandbox never stores sessions. You can read about this on other posts on forum...they said it's the way it is and will never change. But there's no technical reasons behind it, not any reasonable one..other sandboxes have sessions and button/instructions (locally) to reset all sessions. Devs say for them all is good because for them is probably faster for them internally.
0 Likes 0 ·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi @devmai2 Are you getting blocked during the checkout flow ? I tried a couple of times with Buy It Now, and Add to Cart too, and I was able to complete checkout. Can you give me a couple of your items that I can use to checkout ? Thanks

devmai2 avatar image
0 Likes"
devmai2 answered
Hi vijayta, Thanks for coming back to me. The test item i am trying to buy is : xxx test upload - delphi ( item no: 110155915265) Thanks B

devmai2 avatar image
0 Likes"
devmai2 answered
Hi vijayta, Any luck ? Thanks :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.